Fremlin Walk — Marketing and Communications Manager
One Maidstone is hiring a Marketing and Communications Manager.
• Coordinating the day to day delivery of events, marketing and communication projects ensuring activity is on time and within budget.
• Agreeing delivery plan with Senior Manager ensuring effective implementation of all projects set out in the business plan and as agreed by the Company Board
• Oversee contracts and agreements with suppliers for services provided to the Company for events, marketing and communications contracts and liaise with partners and suppliers where appropriate. Also support the Soft Services Operations Manager in liaising with contractors, partners and suppliers if required.
• Monitor contractor performance on events, marketing and communications projects to ensure that all business plan projects are being effectively delivered and to a standard required by the Company Board.
• Providing regular updates to the Senior Manager, steering groups and the Board
• Providing regular updates to the Board
• Provide timely and effective information for Maidstone businesses by putting into place effective communication systems including newsletters, social media accounts.
• Devise a communication strategy to ensure that businesses are fully informed as to the work of the Company.
• Consider communications with a wider audience such as town centre users as to the work of the Company.
• To reinforce Maidstone’s status as County Town through effective delivery of the business plan
• Maintain effective relationships with Police, Council and other key stakeholders
Business and Finance
• To design and implement appropriate levels of performance measurement against the business plan project pertaining to marketing and communications.
• To manage project budgets as determined by the Senior Manager and Board of Directors on events, marketing and communication projects over the five-year term of the plan, ensuring that it is appropriately spent
• Support the Senior Manager with the production and submission of all appropriate company reports, accounts and returns
• To act as a contact for external parties and develop strong relationships
• To form strong and productive partnerships with external agencies and key stakeholders
• To deputise for the Senior Manager in their absence.
• Supervision of staff team in the absence of the Senior Manager.
Governance and administration:
• Ensure the Company operation conforms to all relevant health and safety legislation pertaining to marketing, events and communications activities.
• Ensure the Company operation remains compliant to GDPR regulation pertaining to marketing, events and communications activities.
• To ensure contractors involved with marketing, events and communications projects comply to Company risk and financial requirements
• To prepare and update all internal risk assessments and method statements where pertaining to marketing, events and communications projects.
• Additionally maintaining an oversight of all company projects and activities.
• Maintain a risk register for all activities.